NEW FOR THE 2016/2017 SCHOOL YEAR:
We are adding several new courses for the upcoming school year. To download the new scope and sequence and course descriptions for the live, interactive courses click here:
2016/2017 Aquinas Writing Advantage Scope and Sequence (PDF)
Middle School Aquinas Writing Advantage Course Details (PDF)
High School Aquinas Writing Advantage Course Details (PDF)
To register for live, interactive courses, click HERE.
Unlimited Access (Recorded Courses):
New courses will be available as recorded, independent-learning courses 6 to 8 weeks after the live, interactive course is completed.
To download the Aquinas Writing Advantage Suggested Scope and Sequence (Unlimited Access), click HERE.
To sign up for recorded, independent-learning courses (Unlimited Access), click HERE.
Homeschool Connections’ Aquinas Writing Advantage is a full writing program for middle through high school students – with individual courses where you can blend together exactly what you need, to make the perfect writing curriculum for your child.
MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL
- All the writing classes you need, from middle through high school, beginner through advanced.
- Courses that are complete, progressive, and thorough.
- All of the writing skills needed—foundations, development, advanced, creative, and business writing.
- Leaves no gaps in your student’s writing skills.
- Fully prepares your student for college and the workplace.
- Advances and increases writing skills faster than a grade-based program through its skills-based format, allowing you to pick and choose exactly what you need.
- Middle School Essential Writing 1: Punctuation and Grammar (6 weeks)
- Middle School Essential Writing 2: Sentences and Paragraphs (6 weeks)
- Middle School Simplified Writing 1 (8 weeks)
- Middle School Simplified Writing 2: Essays and Papers (8 weeks)
- Middle School Essential Writing 3: Punctuation and Grammar II
- Middle School Essential Writing 4: Sentences and Paragraphs II
- Middle School Simplified Writing 3: Writing the Excellent Essay
- Middle School Simplified Writing 4: Writing Form and Style
Middle and High School)
HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL
- Fiction: Description and Setting (4 weeks)
- Fiction: Character and Dialogue (4 weeks)
- Fiction: Plot and Structure (4 weeks)
- Fiction: Theme, Style, and Point of View (4 weeks)
- Fiction: Conflict (4 weeks)
- Fiction: Authoring a Book (4 weeks)
- The Hero’s Journey and Mythic Structure for Writers 1: Archetypes (8 weeks)
- The Hero’s Journey and Mythic Structure for Writers 2: Form (8 weeks)
- Poetry Writing I; Joining the Great Tradition (14 weeks)
- How to be an Excellent Student (4 weeks)
- High School Essential Writing 1: Punctuation and Grammar (6 weeks)
- High School Simplified Writing 1 (8 weeks)
- High School Essential Writing 2: Paragraphs and Essays (6 weeks)
- Coming 2016/2017: Simplified Writing 2:The 5-Paragraph Essay and Beyond
- Vocabulary and Writing, Part One (14 weeks)
- Vocabulary and Writing, Part Two (14 weeks)
- High School Simplified Writing 3: Rhetoric, Essays, and Papers (10 weeks)
- High School Simplified Writing 4: Research Writing (College Prep) (10 weeks)
- High School Writing Essentials 5: Punctuation and Grammar II
- High School Writing Essentials 6: Essay Writing Practicum
- Business Writing
"My daughter followed the Homeschool Connections writing program and earned 6 college credits via CLEP. Very happy with the teacher and curricula."
"My daughter has taken most of the creative/fiction writing courses and LOVED them! This year, we're excited for the new screenwriting courses. Thank you!"
"I want to thank you. Today my son finished your Middle School Writing Essentials 1 class. It is the first time I've seen him smile and talk excitedly about English. You have succeeded where I have failed over and over. Thank you!"
"Thank so much for the wonderful feedback you have given me for the duration of this course. You have helped my writing grow so much. I also hope to have you as a teacher in the future."
"Your class was the first online class our son has taken since we started homeschooling a year ago. He really enjoyed it, and learned a lot from you. I appreciated your classroom discipline, teaching method, and positive attitude."